Microsoft Lync Server
Users seek communications tools that make their work easier and are available anywhere, anytime—including within the context of other applications. Microsoft Lync 2010 provides a single interface that unites voice communications, IM, and audio, video, and Web conferencing into a richer, more contextual offering. Microsoft Lync Server 2010 is built from the ground up to be a single platform that can enhance, extend, and even replace traditional and IP PBX systems.
- Support common calling features such as, answer, forward, transfer, hold, divert, release, and park, and extend these capabilities outside the office via secured Internet access without requiring a VPN connection.
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 provides a highly secure and reliable system that works with Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server, and Microsoft SharePoint technologies, and uses Microsoft management tools to facilitate easier management and lower cost of ownership. Interoperability with existing systems enables smoother deployment and migration.
- Documented APIs using familiar technology make it easy to embed communications in business applications and processes.
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 can be deployed on-premises or in a service-based (hosted) or hybrid environment. A service-based option can deliver faster deployment, regularly updated software, and more time to focus on strategic tasks and initiatives.
Microsoft Lync Online
Next-generation cloud communications services that connect people in new ways, from virtually anywhere. Lync Online transforms interactions with colleagues, customers, and partners from today’s hit-or-miss communication to a more collaborative, engaging, and effective experience. It also helps IT administrators stay in control of end-user permissions and policies while reducing infrastructure costs.
- Move easily from instant messaging into ad-hoc online meetings that include audio, video, and screen sharing with just a few mouse clicks.
- Connect with others through instant messaging (IM), video calls and online meetings.
- Conduct online presentations to customers and colleagues including audio, video, screen sharing, and a virtual whiteboard.
- Invite external contacts to easily join online meetings through a native or web-based client.
- View presence status and click to communicate from within Microsoft Outlook, Office SharePoint, and other Office applications.
- Communicate with external organisations running Lync using IM, audio and video through Lync federation.
- Connect with Windows Live Messenger contacts using IM, audio and video calls directly from Lync.
- Reply to an email with an instant message or an audio call for quicker and more effective resolution of issues.